Showcase Artistic Director Expression of Interest Call-out
Wearable Art Mandurah 2018
Freelance Contract with the City of Mandurah
The Wearable Art Mandurah Showcase presents the finest wearable art from across Australia and beyond through a highly entertaining stage performance. This show has developed from a small fashion show into an international wearable art competition and performance that offers a new exciting experience for textile practitioners and audiences.
This full-length production promises to delight the audience, incorporating a sense of play, musicality and theatricality, while presenting spectacular wearable art.
Up to 40 finalists will showcase their designs over two nights of entertainment and theatre, in a visual spectacular featuring dancers, musicians, singers and models.
- Stage two of the same Showcase performance that have a sense of play, musicality and theatricality
- Present the wearable art garments as the heroes
- Run a professional show of the highest standard
- Collaborate with artists, designers, models and performers to create the event
- Include up to four workshops and professional development opportunities for the community performers within the production
- To hold Showcase productions on Saturday 9 June and Sunday 10 June 2018 at Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
- To work within a set budget and time frame, determined by the City of Mandurah;
- To work in a professional and safe manner that uses event industry best practice. Including clear roles, contracts and decision making processes.
Expressions of Interest are due by 5 November, and should include:
- Quotation for the role of Artistic Director
- A 200 word broad concept plan
- Video sample of previous work
- Names and contact details of two referees
For further information or to submit an Expression of Interest, please contact
Barb Thoms, City of Mandurah
T: 9550 3271
Artistic Director Callout
Expression of Interest for the Showcase Artistic Director has now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied we had some fantastically creative and skilled applicants. The successful applicant will be announced soon.